United Airlines makes overseas travel miserable
A few highlights of my recent Washington-Tokyo round-trip on UA:
- An ice-cold cabin for 12-13 hours in both directions (picture: passengers pulling coats from suitcases, searching for extra blankets, covering their heads in garments)
- Bored, weathered-looking, occasionally surly flight attendants; most just going through the motions
- Barely edible food, generally thrown at you in haste
- Defective audio sets (loose connections in hand rests)
- Customer service number is staffed only part of the day (even amid thousands of flight cancellations during a major storm)
For cross-Pacific travel, friends don't let friends fly on United (or Delta, where I've had even worse experiences). Just Say No!, even if UA's fares are a bit cheaper than a real airline. These things don't happen to passengers on ANA, JAL, Asiana, or Korean Airlines.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- In Flight Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Back on Friday, October 11, 2013, I went from Toronto, Ontario Canada to Caracas, Venezuela with Two (2) Pieces Of Luggage, however, one of the pieces of luggage did NOT..."
- " I purchased food on board BWI - ORD flight on Nov 13 (confirmation # DM6B4V) but have not been able to obtain receipt for this transaction. Surprisingly, there is..."
- "After purchasing a Business class ticket for a flight from Chicago to Shanghai and experiencing a delay, mid-flight I noted that the reclining system of my seat and the entertainment..."
- "I purchased Suave Keratin Infusion. I used it as instructed and now my hair is falling out and I am going bald. I wish I had done my homework and look..."
- "LAWSUIT AND SWORN TESTIMONY REVEAL LENNAR CONSPIRACY ORCHESTRATED BY CEO MILLER--Lennar is a company that will stop at nothing to make money. The management has a "win at all..."
- "We contracted Anthony & Sylvan in October 2014 to replaster our 24000 gallon inground pool that they had built for the previous owners of our home in 2005. We also..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."
- "About seven months ago I had Hardwood Specialists come out to the house to look at my Hardwood floors. They were in very bad shape. Ken Zand the salesman came..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."