United Airlines makes overseas travel miserable
A few highlights of my recent Washington-Tokyo round-trip on UA:
- An ice-cold cabin for 12-13 hours in both directions (picture: passengers pulling coats from suitcases, searching for extra blankets, covering their heads in garments)
- Bored, weathered-looking, occasionally surly flight attendants; most just going through the motions
- Barely edible food, generally thrown at you in haste
- Defective audio sets (loose connections in hand rests)
- Customer service number is staffed only part of the day (even amid thousands of flight cancellations during a major storm)
For cross-Pacific travel, friends don't let friends fly on United (or Delta, where I've had even worse experiences). Just Say No!, even if UA's fares are a bit cheaper than a real airline. These things don't happen to passengers on ANA, JAL, Asiana, or Korean Airlines.
Review about: United Airlines Flight.
Monetary Loss: $1500.