United Airlines makes overseas travel miserable
A few highlights of my recent Washington-Tokyo round-trip on UA:
- An ice-cold cabin for 12-13 hours in both directions (picture: passengers pulling coats from suitcases, searching for extra blankets, covering their heads in garments)
- Bored, weathered-looking, occasionally surly flight attendants; most just going through the motions
- Barely edible food, generally thrown at you in haste
- Defective audio sets (loose connections in hand rests)
- Customer service number is staffed only part of the day (even amid thousands of flight cancellations during a major storm)
For cross-Pacific travel, friends don't let friends fly on United (or Delta, where I've had even worse experiences). Just Say No!, even if UA's fares are a bit cheaper than a real airline. These things don't happen to passengers on ANA, JAL, Asiana, or Korean Airlines.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- In Flight Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have stayed away from United but decided after 5 years to give it another try. Mistake! Stuck in LAX when they didn't have enough staff to fly the plane. Was..."
- "I flew from Oakland to Burbank on Mother's Day 2015. I read the inflight entertainment guide in the seat back and shared the information contained therein with the man..."
- "I received one of these "Award Notifications" from "US Airlines" the other day in the amount of $1350.00 for 2 round trip tickets to anywhere in the US. Mine..."
- "Well, my Husband and I thought that the owner of this store, David, was a great friend but we were quite wrong. David comes off as a sweet, and caring..."
- "Lennar: A Corporate Sleazebag? Too Big to go to Jail - The Lennar Story -FDI's soon to be released documentary. Good reading for anyone who is thinking..."
- "I bought a jar of Tostitos Cheese dip and not only did it have mold in it, it had something resembling a large insect larva. The larva looked as though it..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."
- "In short I have had a pair of lucky jeans for over ten years still my favorite. Baught 3 new pairs 3 months ago and they fell apart. old tag..."
- "I waited a month for my package to never come then when i said i was opening a dispute for my refund he himself changed original arrive by date from..."