1.7
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations

Today, I arrived for my flight from Lubbock, Texas (a smaller less crowded venue) to Houston, Texas. It is the morning of Christmas Eve, I am exactly 29 minutes early.

I am looking forward to spending the holidays with my son this evening. I was told that I could not board the plane because I had to be 30 minutes early. and I was 1 minute later than that! I asked if my seat had been taken and was told it was not.

There was NO Spirit of Giving, NO Goodwill, just steely reserve and indifference of the service women at the counter. There have been times I have waited for a United/Continental planes that weren't on time and I waited patiently. Here I was early and was denied my seat on the plane. I will try to avoid using United or its affiliates in the future!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Meyer Goldberg

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. EN233151 stated that there is a room for improvement of lack of responce. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problem with delivery of united airlines flight 4169 and associated monetary loss in the amount of $160. United Airlines needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned united airlines flight 4169 in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at United Airlines.

Comments

Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States #1262624

So by your own admission you were late. One minute or not, rules are rules. Grow up.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1260597

When the ticket is purchased, the airlines and the passenger agree when the passenger will present themselves for boarding. That is the time the passenger must show up.

[Hint: on-time is not the departure time of the flight.] You were not 29 minutes early, you were 1 minute late according to what you agreed. I hope that extra cup of coffee at home, that trying to wait to the last minute, was worth it. The fault here is the passengers, not the airlines.

Until you accept responsibility for your mistakes, you will constantly have these problems in life.

Additionally, if the United computers were not locked so as to prevent printing of boarding passes, a person who approaches with the attitude of being in the wrong, has a much greater chance of being helped by the ticket agents. I am sure your attitude came across as it does in this complaint, which stopped any chance of getting a favor.

offconsumerpissed
Muncie, Indiana, United States #1260435

Adulting is hard. All of these silly places telling you when to be there, then when you aren't there by the specified time, they do what they said they'd do and not provide you the service.