Review about United Airlines Flight 450 from Delray Beach, Florida

79 of 564 United Airlines reviews

My husband and I upgraded to better seats yesterday on a flight from Denver to Ft Lauderdale.We upgraded at the Denver airport at the United Airlines help desk.

We paid 59.00 for one ticket and $53.00 for another. We were not told those seats would not recline. I couldn't believe it. We were so uncomfortable the entire trip.

I'd like to be refunded the cost of that upgrade $112.00.

Shame on united for selling us on the upgrade without stating seats don't recline.Robert and Kandy Loox Please contact me kandytex@aol.com

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

United Airlines Flight 450
Review category
Transport
review #765241

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with United Airlines? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
79 of 564 United Airlines reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Kandy

Jan 12 #1092981

Okay I have to admit I made this whole thing up just to get my money refunded. The seats were reclining. I just made this up because we needed the money for something else.

0 2 Reply

Jan 07 #1090485

Good tip about seatguru. The extra legroom would have been worth it for me to pay the upgrade. I think reclineable seats should be done away with entirely. I've been unable to even get out of my seat because the person in front of me was reclined completely all the way back. I have seen drinks and trays of food go into peoples' laps when the person in front of them suddenly reclined. It's just a recipe for disaster, no pun intended.

0 0 Reply

Jan 07 #1090414

Your flight was United flight 1164 from Denver to Ft. Lauderdale
The plane used today was a Boeing 900 (could not find yesterday's flight aircraft).
The six seats (A-B-C aisle D-E-F) on row 20 are economy plus. While they have extra legroom because they are at a window exit, THEY HAVE NO OR LIMITED RECLINING because of a second exit window in the row behind them.
When obtaining your seats, it is good to check with "seatguru.com" which shows the aircraft for each flight and highlights and discusses seats which have a problem with them.

1 0 Reply
bobs2015

Jan 06 #1089863 Saginaw, Michigan, United States

Given the very small space between seats nowadays, it is becoming more common to have non-reclining seats. This is due to the fact that you always have some *** who reclines his seat direct onto the guy behind's knees. Causes trouble among passengers. But, yes they should have told you. We stopped flying United a few years ago after we learned from both military sons how they were treated while flying in uniform by some United personnel. Delta and Southwest are much better.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.