Guadalajara, Jalisco
3.0

On November 16,2014, I flew from BWI to ORD to DTW to HOU to GDL. My luggage stayed in DTW for over 24 hours despite a very long connection there. Several items were taken from my luggage....all were in their original boxes.....5 facial serums ...totaling $420 in value. The theft could have taken place in DTW or GDL.

I submitted a claim on November 19th by mail and have copies of all the originals that were requested. To date I have not heard one word from United.

My itinerary was GDL-HOU-DTW on November 5th, DTW -EWR-BWI on November 13th and the above on November 16th. Due to a jet way door not being able to be opened in EWR, I missed my tight connection there and the Service Desk was closed at 10:45pm. It was supposed to be open until 2am!

I missed another connection in HOU on the 16th because it was too tight and there was no way of making it on time with the distance involved, even with the train and a shuttle.

I am very unhappy with United and have a trip coming up February 5, 2015 on this carrier to BKK.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with service desks and stated that there is a room for improvement of no customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of luggage and associated monetary loss in the amount of $420. United Airlines needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned luggage in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at United Airlines.

Had an Experience with United Airlines?

Comments