United Airlines - NEVER EVER PURCHASE FOOD ON BOARD UNITED - paid $3.99 charged $20 to my credit card

81 of 564 United Airlines reviews

I purchased food on board BWI - ORD flight on Nov 13 (confirmation # DM6B4V) but have not been able to obtain receipt for this transaction. Surprisingly, there is no contact phone number to call to find out the reasons. On top of this, when I went on United.com to request a receipt two weeks after the travel was made, I noticed a transaction for $20.00 while I paid only $3.99!!!!!

The only number I could call was for reservations. The person on the other end took all my information but could not provide a conformation number for my receipt request (VERY STRANGE!) I need this receipt for auditing purposes.

Here is the last laugh: I receive an email on Dec 22, 2015 asking me to contact United reservations and RESUBMIT my claim because they did not receive sufficient information from me (see attached)!!!!!

CONCLUSION: NEVER BUY FOOD ON BOARD OF UNITED because there is no one to talk to to get receipt.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
81 of 564 United Airlines reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 16 #1159708

Similar experience. Viable options when flying United:
1. purchase food in any store in the terminal and bring on board
2. accept the fact that when ordering that you WILL NOT be able to obtain a receipt
3. fly hungry and eat when you land

0 0 Reply
Moosecock

Mar 30 #1136618 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany

I completely agree. Whatever happened to simple tear-off receipts. This electronic receipt thing is a scam.
I have two mystery charges ($9.99 & $15.98) on my AmEx from United on 2/27/16 -- a date that ironically I was flying JetBlue -- which was over three weeks since my last United flight (2/8/16). I've been through the URL -- which, incidentally, is next to possible to find the place to request receipts -- and come up only with NO RESULTS FOUND when searching for any receipts for inflight purchases on any of my United flights.
I'm just going to dispute the charges with AmEx.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to United Airlines. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about United Airlines.
Filing a new complaint about
×