United Airlines - Don't trust your pet to United

226 of 564 United Airlines reviews

Shame on you, United, for just saying it is out of your control because you use a sub contractor "5 Star Services" transporting a pet from Rio de Janeiro to USA.Contact person required me to be there at 12 Noon for a flight at 9pm.

He left us waiting on the side of the road for 1 hour before escorting us into the Cargo Area. After an entire week of emails back and forth it still took 5 hours to walk from agency to agency to get the dog checked in. He was transported inside the air travel kennel, loosely placed on top of a pallet with a huge forklift with all the banging and screaming of a industrial cargo area. I purposely booked the flight to San Francisco instead of Sacramento because I was told the size of the kennel required a larger airplane.

When I arrived in San Francisco, not a single employee was able to tell me where to pick up my dog. Finally I took a taxi to the United Cargo building only to find out that my dog was not on my airplane. Who knows where he spent the additional 5 hours in Houston. He was booked on flight 215 instead 250.

The agency in Rio had a copy of my itinerary. When the employees opened the belly of the aircraft my dog greeted them at the door with a bloody mouth and cut up foot. He had chewed a 10 inch hole into the side of the kennel. 30 hours were too much even for my extremely well behaved 83 pound yellow Labrador.

After flying internationally for 37 years with United.Ten flights a year in the recent 10 years to and from Brazil, i will find another airline.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Pet Transporting
Review category
Transport
review #511001

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with United Airlines? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
226 of 564 United Airlines reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Damexico

Oct 22, 2014 #888486

Can recognize the bitting of a Labrador, I had one back in the day. Poor creature, to spend 30 hours alone in this kennel, surrounded by weird noises that he doesn't know :(
For my "Pacha" I allways refused to air travel, he was too sticky, couldn't leave him few minutes alone. Would have escaped the kennel I guess.
Wish you dog the best, and do anything to make sure he won't fly again ;)

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to United Airlines. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about United Airlines.
Filing a new complaint about
×