Shame on you, United, for just saying it is out of your control because you use a sub contractor "5 Star Services" transporting a pet from Rio de Janeiro to USA.Contact person required me to be there at 12 Noon for a flight at 9pm.
He left us waiting on the side of the road for 1 hour before escorting us into the Cargo Area. After an entire week of emails back and forth it still took 5 hours to walk from agency to agency to get the dog checked in. He was transported inside the air travel kennel, loosely placed on top of a pallet with a huge forklift with all the banging and screaming of a industrial cargo area. I purposely booked the flight to San Francisco instead of Sacramento because I was told the size of the kennel required a larger airplane.
When I arrived in San Francisco, not a single employee was able to tell me where to pick up my dog. Finally I took a taxi to the United Cargo building only to find out that my dog was not on my airplane. Who knows where he spent the additional 5 hours in Houston. He was booked on flight 215 instead 250.
The agency in Rio had a copy of my itinerary. When the employees opened the belly of the aircraft my dog greeted them at the door with a bloody mouth and cut up foot. He had chewed a 10 inch hole into the side of the kennel. 30 hours were too much even for my extremely well behaved 83 pound yellow Labrador.
After flying internationally for 37 years with United.Ten flights a year in the recent 10 years to and from Brazil, i will find another airline.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Pet Transporting
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My wife and myself were on Southwest flight 4084 from Dallas Love field(DAL) to Washington Regan(DCA) on July 5th 2015. We chose to sit in the seats 18E and 18F...."
- "I'm highly recommening for anyone thinking to take any trip on Megabus especially out of New Orleans not too. You'll be standing out in the elements for hours . In..."
- "I have commuted between Aurora and Chicago for many years and each year the schedules get more out of whack, the service declines and the delays become more frequent. Not..."
- "SO… YOU ARE LOAY TAWEEL IN MIAMI AND ABU AZMI IN CHICAGO… looks like a *** artist. Sunday, October 23 afternoon I received many messages by Whatsapp from Loay..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."