Shame on you, United, for just saying it is out of your control because you use a sub contractor "5 Star Services" transporting a pet from Rio de Janeiro to USA.Contact person required me to be there at 12 Noon for a flight at 9pm.
He left us waiting on the side of the road for 1 hour before escorting us into the Cargo Area. After an entire week of emails back and forth it still took 5 hours to walk from agency to agency to get the dog checked in. He was transported inside the air travel kennel, loosely placed on top of a pallet with a huge forklift with all the banging and screaming of a industrial cargo area. I purposely booked the flight to San Francisco instead of Sacramento because I was told the size of the kennel required a larger airplane.
When I arrived in San Francisco, not a single employee was able to tell me where to pick up my dog. Finally I took a taxi to the United Cargo building only to find out that my dog was not on my airplane. Who knows where he spent the additional 5 hours in Houston. He was booked on flight 215 instead 250.
The agency in Rio had a copy of my itinerary. When the employees opened the belly of the aircraft my dog greeted them at the door with a bloody mouth and cut up foot. He had chewed a 10 inch hole into the side of the kennel. 30 hours were too much even for my extremely well behaved 83 pound yellow Labrador.
After flying internationally for 37 years with United.Ten flights a year in the recent 10 years to and from Brazil, i will find another airline.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Pet Transporting
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This trip will be my first and last ride on megabus. First and foremost i'm requesting a full refund for reservation #27-4119-113015-M37R-2330-CHR-WAS in the sum of all of my monies..."
- "United Airlines is # 1 in screw up!!! I'm here in Minneapolis on boarded the plane for 5:15pm takeoff and at 5:25pm the flt. Attendant announces that we will be..."
- "When I went to Arizona on Nov 16th flying with Allegiant Airlines, I was appalled to find they broke my expensive hair curler/straightener. I had to immediately go buy a..."
- "So it's obvious someone here go pissed and couldn't wait for their gear, caught an attitude with John, the owner of SOE and got fired as a customer. So here's..."
- "i sent in my complaint 2 weeks ago....where is it? it is the same situation with the freezer leaking water because the defrost does not work and ice builds up...."
- "...when i opened this package of Oreo's expecting to get what the package shows but received alot less..."