Shame on you, United, for just saying it is out of your control because you use a sub contractor "5 Star Services" transporting a pet from Rio de Janeiro to USA.Contact person required me to be there at 12 Noon for a flight at 9pm.

Related: United Airlines - Worst customer service!

He left us waiting on the side of the road for 1 hour before escorting us into the Cargo Area. After an entire week of emails back and forth it still took 5 hours to walk from agency to agency to get the dog checked in. He was transported inside the air travel kennel, loosely placed on top of a pallet with a huge forklift with all the banging and screaming of a industrial cargo area. I purposely booked the flight to San Francisco instead of Sacramento because I was told the size of the kennel required a larger airplane.

When I arrived in San Francisco, not a single employee was able to tell me where to pick up my dog. Finally I took a taxi to the United Cargo building only to find out that my dog was not on my airplane. Who knows where he spent the additional 5 hours in Houston. He was booked on flight 215 instead 250.

The agency in Rio had a copy of my itinerary. When the employees opened the belly of the aircraft my dog greeted them at the door with a bloody mouth and cut up foot. He had chewed a 10 inch hole into the side of the kennel. 30 hours were too much even for my extremely well behaved 83 pound yellow Labrador.

After flying internationally for 37 years with United.Ten flights a year in the recent 10 years to and from Brazil, i will find another airline.

Review about: Pet Transporting.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with United Airlines?

Comments

Damexico

Can recognize the bitting of a Labrador, I had one back in the day. Poor creature, to spend 30 hours alone in this kennel, surrounded by weird noises that he doesn't know :(

For my "Pacha" I allways refused to air travel, he was too sticky, couldn't leave him few minutes alone. Would have escaped the kennel I guess.

Wish you dog the best, and do anything to make sure he won't fly again ;)