My girlfriend and I were trying to book a flight from San Francisco to Manila. We had both conducted a lot of searches for tickets, but decided on United Airlines. We wanted to do it right, so we found our passport numbers to enter into the online ticket purchase form. I was already a member of their frequent flyer program, but she wasn't. I took the time to set up an account for her. We chose our flights, seats (there were plenty to chose from), entered all the required information, including credit card information, and clicked SUBMIT only to receive an error message. I tried submitting again and got the same error message. I finally called United Airlines and was told that there were no more tickets available. Their excuse was that their system was not updating the number of tickets already sold and that they were aware of the problem. United Airlines was nice enough to offer other tickets that cost $400 more for each ticket! I had a bad experience with United when I went back to Milwaukee last July. The entire flight was delayed due to weather and the next flight didn't leave until the next morning. They seemed put out that some of us didn't want to spend the night in the airport. At one point, the customer service representative I was working with to find a hotel just walked off to help another customer. No wonder they are ranked LAST in overall customer service among airline. Consider yourself warned! Just don't take it from me ...

From U.S. New report on America's Meanest Airlines:

1. United Airlines

AQR Score: -1.45

United Airlines had the highest rate of consumer complaints in 2011, beating out all other airlines with 2.21 complaints per 100,000 passengers. As a result, United received the worst AQR score out of the 11 national carriers ranked. Headley suspects that the company's $3 billion merger with Continental Airlines is to blame. "Anytime you have two airlines trying to combine, one of those airlines is going to have a period of decline," he explains. United also experienced a drop in its percentage of on-time arrivals, and the number of lost or damaged bags increased from 3.4 per 1,000 passengers to 3.66.

Review about: United Airlines Flight.

Had an Experience with United Airlines?

Comments