United Airlines - Disabled person's service dog intentionally denied to board through a series of errors and "misunderstandings" by United staff.
Last week I had one of the worst experiences of my life as a paying consumer.
United Airlines staff screwed up my flight(s) so badly that my luggage went one direction and I went another. At Tokyo, they had trouble allowing me to pass customs at all. Luckily, I had an email on my phone to prove I had purchased a RT ticket, or I would have been screwed.
Even worse than losing my luggage was that my dog Ginger, who is supposed to fly for free with me under the Americans with Disabilities Act was passive aggressively denied by being intentionally wrapped with internal errors, "misunderstandings" and red tape by United staff. Have you ever heard of doublespeak? That is exactly what they did. And plenty of "he said, she said" and passing the buck to blame someone else. I had to make the extremely tough decision last second to tearfully leave Ginger behind with family and now to try to get her home with me halfway around the world in a foreign country that is new to me, as a person with a disability, is a nightmare.
No word from United other than a canned response despite blowing out a complaint to customer service and top executives and staff in charge at the airline. They simply don't give a ***. End of story.
Now I have to pay to send for Ginger and ship her as "cargo" and it is proving to be a nightmare both logistically and financially for me. Let alone how she will feel traveling as "cargo."
Upon asking around, I don't feel quite so bad, as I am not an exception by any means. I simply made a grave error in judgement in flying United. Many people ask me for my advice on travel. United may have saved $1200 by screwing me, but my negative feedback against them for the rest of my life both personally to others and on social media multiplied out over the years will cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars ultimately. I myself spend at least $5,000 a year on air travel they will never see again. My thought is, if they are that incompetent on the ground, why in the world would I trust them at 35,000 feet and 550 miles per hour? Think about it.
You have a choice in air travel and deserve to be treated much better than my animal and I were. Shame on you, United.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Disabled Customer Abuse
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I seldom make written complaints about service, but find it very necessary to inform you of the substandard and horrible service provided by Etihad Airways. I will NEVER in my..."
- "I received one of these "Award Notifications" from "US Airlines" the other day in the amount of $1350.00 for 2 round trip tickets to anywhere in the US. Mine..."
- "Sir, ma'am, or more than likely automated machine, "Customer relations" as your airline calls it is appalling. When my flight was delayed 2 hours because there was no crew for the..."
- "I have been a Home Manager with Showhomes KC since 2014. The franchise owner here is Kent Welch and I've stayed with Showhomes because it's a well oiled machine. I..."
- "Don't oeder nothing from this company. The dead I ordered not even the same color at the picture. The wrap that goes around the dress is smaller, shorter, n thinner..."
- "There is a video going around the world of a young african american girl dropping a burger bun and wiping it across the floor in the kitchen and continues to..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."
- "I selected my refrigerator delivery for Oct 27 the 4-8 window. On Oct 26, I received a voice message confirming the Oct 27 delivery date and window...."
- "Please refer to the attaching photo with the purse I bought at USA about 3 years ago by US$ 218.00, however I am really disappointed that the quality of..."